Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
n/
Photo 
[size=4][b][/b][/size][hr]{blog_body_withlinks_bbcode_mybb}
Question 
[size=4][b]Gout Arthritis - Healthy Eating Tips for Healthy Living in 2005[/b][/size][hr]Healthy Eating for Healthy Living in 2005 Eating healthy is fast becoming a way of life. American's are living longer, however, the goal of many is not to simply live longer, the goal it is to live a longer and healthier life. Simple everyday fruit can help.

[list][*]Strawberries: Studies have shown that strawberries can help promote a healthy digestive system and help lower blood cholesterol.[*]A handful of strawberries can go a long way to a helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle.[/list]

[i]Recent studies have indicated that the antioxidants in fruit provide a whole host of health benefits: the anti-aging power of blueberries and the joint pain relieving properties found in cherries to name a few. Smile[/i]

[list][*]Further investigations revealed that daily consumption of cherries has the potential to reduce the pain associated with joint inflammation.[*]Many are choosing to drink cherry juice, eat cherries or consume tart cherry pills for relief of gout, arthritis and joint pain.[/list]

Linda L. Patterson is a living testimony of the soothing affects of cherries on her joint pain. 'I enjoy crocheting and lately my hands have been so painful, I couldn't crochet for more than about 30 minutes.', says Patterson. In an attempt to find relief from her pain, she located Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry capsules, (www.fruitadvantage.com) a supplement made from red tart cherries. 'Within the first week of taking the tart cherry capsules my hands felt so much better.', says Ms. Patterson. 'I am now able to crochet without the pain in my hands.' As we got to writing on Gout Arthritis, we found that the time we were given to write was inadequate to write all that there is to write about Gout Arthritis! So vast are its resources.

[size=large][b]The Multitudes of Health Components Found in Fruit are Truly a Gift from Mother Nature[/b][/size][hr]Here are a few everyday fruits for healthy living in 2005: People are inclined to think that some matter found here that is pertaining to Gout Arthritis is false. However, rest is assured, all that is written here is true!

Traverse Bay Farms sells Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry capsules, cherry juice concentrate and a variety of dried fruit products including: cherries, blueberries, red raspberries, strawberries. The company may be contact for additional information or interviews at 1-877-746-7477 or www.traversebayfarms.com The more interesting an article, the more takers there are for the article. So we have made it a point to make this article on Gout Arthritis as interesting as possible!

[size=large][b]Blueberries ' Nature's Top Antioxidant Fruit:[/b][/size][hr]Blueberries emerged as the top antioxidant capacity fruit in a laboratory testing procedure called ORAC - Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity developed by the USDA*. ORAC has become the definitive measurement of antioxidant capacity. James Joseph, Ph.D, Chief of the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging in Boston, is working with blueberries to examine their potential to help improve motor skills and reverse the short-term memory loss that comes with aging. "The blueberry has emerged as a very powerful food in the aging battle," said Joseph. "Given the possibility that blueberries may reverse short-term memory loss and forestall other effects of aging, their potential may be very great." With people wanting to learn more about Gout Arthritis, it has provided the necessary incentive for us to write this interesting article on Gout Arthritis!

Quote:According to Jennifer LaPointe, Director of Marketing for Traverse Bay Farms, www.traversebayfarms.com 'many of our customers are looking to eat healthier and our gourmet fruit product fit this trend. It's certainly better than fast food.' We have not actually resorted to roundabout means of getting our message on Gout Arthritis through to you. All the matter here is genuine and to the point.

Terry Johnson, a resident of Grand Rapids, Michigan, munchies on dried blueberries for the convenience and taste. 'I work behind a computer for eight hours a day and I like to snack. I began eating dried blueberries instead of a candy bar from the vending machine. Now I feel good when I snack because I am eating fruit instead of candy.'

[size=large][b]The Wonder of the Cherry is the Anthocyanins[/b][/size][hr]According to research from Michigan State University tart cherries contain anthocyanins and bioflavonoids, which inhibit the enzymes Cyclooxygenase-1 and -2, and prevent inflammation in the body. These compounds have similar activity as aspirin, naproxen and ibuprofen. It is the normal style of writers to add additional information with the intention of lengthening the length of an article. However, we have provided a short and concise article with only required information on Gout Arthritis.

[size=large][b]When Your Big Toe Makes Direct Contact With a Bedpost, It Hurts[/b][/size][hr]But when it is attacked by gout, you are talking serious pain. The instigator of this agony is a chemical called uric acid. When your body produces too much of the acid or your kidneys can't get rid of it fast enough, the excess crystallizes in and around your joints, most likely in the joint of your big toe. This buildup produces swelling, tenderness, and pain so exquisite that just pulling a bedsheet over your foot is intolerable. To make matters worse, gout offers no advance warning. One day your toe feels fine, the next day it feels as though it has been skewered with a hot poker. Flare-ups are infrequent at first but can become more regular over time. Flare-ups are also be triggered by illness, injury, or crash dieting, among other factors. Here are some tips that you can consider to adopt for fast relief.

[list][*][b]Monitor Your Medication[/b] Some blood pressure drugs can cause your uric acid level to rise.[*]What's more, some gout medicines don't work properly if they are taken with other drugs.[*]So make sure that your doctor is aware of all the medications you are taking.[*]Whenever one reads any reading matter likeUric Acid Level, it is vital that the person enjoys reading it.[*]One should grasp the meaning of the matter, only then can it be considered that its reading is complete. [/list]

[b]Hold The Anchovies[/b] You can reduce your odds of a gout flare-up by monitoring your intake of purine-rich foods, such as anchovies, organ meats, broths, and gravies. These foods raise your body's level of uric acid and too much uric acid is what leads to gout in the first place. Purine proved to be the foundation for the writing of this page. We have used all facts and definitions of Purine to produce worthwhile reading material for you.

[list][*][b]Take A "Common-Scents" Approach[/b] It is recommended a cooling footpath to make a tender toe feel better.[*]Add 10 drops each of the essential oils juniper and rosemary to 2 quarts of cold water, then immerse the affected foot for a good soak.[/list]

[b]Pare Pounds Slowly[/b] Because overweight has been linked to a high level of uric acid in the blood, slimming down may reduce your risk of a gout flare-up. Just don't try to shed to those pounds too fast. Ironically, rapid weight loss may actually induce an attack. You may be filled with astonishment with the amount of information we have compile here on Uric Acid Level. that was our intention, to astonish you.

[list][*][b]Give It A Break[/b] During a bout with gout, rest the affected joint.[*]If it is your big toe that is hurting, it is recommended to stay off your foot as much as possible and keep it elevated.[*]Or walk with crutches.[*][b]Ease Up On Imbibing[/b] Drinking too much alcohol raises the uric acid level in the blood.[*]You don't necessarily have to become a teetotaller.[*]The key is moderation.[*]Take notice of whether you routinely have gout attacks after you have been drinking alcohol.[*]Our objective of this article on Gout Attack was to arouse your interest in it.[*]Bring back the acquired knowledge of Gout Attack, and compare it with what we have printed here.[*]Gout is a very painful inflammatory condition of the joints, caused by crystallized uric acid collecting around the affected joint.[*]The most common joint affected is the big toe; however, gout can affect the ankle, instep, heel, knee, spine, elbow, wrist, and finger.[*]In severe cases, gout can deform the affected joint.[/list]

The following foods contain peanuts, and can be served without meats and seafood: peanut candy, salted nuts, peanut butter, peanut butter sandwiches, vegetable salads mixed with peanut sauce, peanut-based dipping sauce, peanut butter crackers, mandelonas (peanuts soaked in almond flavoring), some health food bars, some breakfast cereals, peanut butter cookies, celery sticks filled with peanut butter, honey peanut steamed tea bread, cherry peanut granola, peanut squares, peanut butter crisps, trail mixes, some spaghetti sauces, boiled peanuts, peanut butter spread on toast, gorp (good old raisins and peanuts), Cajun flavored peanuts, peanut soup, peanut rolls, peanut muffins, peanut cake, peanut pudding, baked peanuts with rice, and peanut stuffing. We had at first written a rough assignment on Reduce Uric Acid. Then after a few improvisions and enhancements here and there, we have ended up with this end product.

The following foods contain cheese, and can be served without meats and seafood: pizza, cheese ravioli, baked ziti, mozzarella sticks, eggplant Parmesan, cheese omelette, lasagna, muffin egg and cheese sandwich, macaroni and cheese, baked potato with cheddar cheese sauce, stuffed shells Italiano, cheese manicotti in marinara sauce, salad with blue cheese dressing, cheesecake, broccoli cheese soup, asparagus with Parmesan cheese, smoked mozzarella fonduta, fettuccine alfredo, penne with goat cheese, and ricotta gnocchi. Opportunity knocks once. So when we got the opportunity to write on Foods Avoid Gout, we did not let the opportunity slip from our hands, and got down to writing on Foods Avoid Gout. Big Grin.

[size=large][b]Warnings, Interactions, and Side Effect[/b][/size][hr]Gout attacks can be cured by following the dietary changes suggested here. However, please keep in mind that it is easier to prevent gout attacks than intervene in the middle of gout attacks. So it is best to use the suggested dietary changes proactively rather than reactively. Coordinating matter regarding to Gout Attacks took a lot of time. However, with the progress of time, we not only gathered more matter, we also learnt more about Gout Attacks.

[size=large][b]Protein Substitution Practical?[/b][/size][hr]Some of you may be saying right about now, "Okay, this all makes sense, but it's impractical. This protein substitution lacks variety; there's no way I can follow it." Lack of variety? Let's see. I'll attempt to brainstorm a variety of gout-safe high-protein foods.

Dose of 500 mg per day significantly reduces uric acid levels in most gout sufferers. But before you begin a vitamin C regimen, you should get your physician's approval; because high-dose vitamin C might possibly eliminate uric acid from your body too quickly, causing kidney stones.

[list][*]Luckily, there are high-protein foods that don't cause gout attacks.[*]They are listed below categorically.[*]Eggs and Dairy Products: High in protein are milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and eggs.[/list]

The following foods contain buckwheat, and can be served without meats and seafood: buckwheat pancakes, buckwheat breads, buckwheat muffins, buckwheat crackers, buckwheat bagels, buckwheat cookies, buckwheat tortillas, some breakfast cereals, buckwheat grits, kasha, buckwheat porridge, buckwheat salad with mushrooms and parsley oil, kasha varnishkes, buckwheat noodles, Japanese soba noodles, California buckwheat chapati, kasha knishes, and some blini.

[list][*]Grains and Cereals: High in protein are buckwheat, amaranth grain (usually sold in health food shops), and quinoa.[*]Nuts and Seeds: High in protein are peanuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds.[*]This article will help you since it is a comprehensive study on Gout Sufferers[/list]

[size=large][b]People Prone to Gout Tend to Have High Uric Acid Levels in Their Blood[/b][/size][hr]The high uric acid levels may be caused by the kidneys' failure to adequately remove uric acid from the blood. Isn't it wonderful that we can now access information about anything, including Kidney Stones form the Internet without the hassle of going through books and magazines for matter!

[size=large][b]Beans Including Soy: High in Protein are Tofu, Soy Milk, Beans, Soy Beans, and Split Peas[/b][/size][hr]Red Wine So all you have to do is substitute these high-protein foods for the meats and seafood that you usually eat. "But what about beer? Is there a substitute for that? I need to have a beer to unwind after work," you say. Once again, you are in luck. Writing something about Prevent Gout seemed to be something illogical in the beginning. However, with the progress of matter, it seemed logical. Matter just started pouring in, to give you this finished product.

The following foods contain tofu, and can be served without meats and seafood: tofu with vegetable medley, tofu muffins, tofu and cheese omelet, sauteed tofu steak, tofu caramel custard, tofu anmitsu (traditional fruit salad), broiled tofu steak, tomato and olive tofu spread, braised cubed tofu steak with eggplant and zucchini, tofu steak with teriyaki butter sauce, tofu steak sandwich, tofu steak with salsa sauce, tofu steak nuggets, tofu steak fajita, tofu steak with Asian mushroom sauce, tofu and egg burger, tofu and vegetable burger, tofu burger, tofu quesadilla, oriental tofu salad, split pea soup with tofu, creamy oriental tofu dressing, tofu broccoli lasagna, grilled tofu and cheese, tofu spaghetti sauce, Spanish rice with tofu, tofu and vegetable stir-fry, zesty Italian pasta and tofu, spicy tofu chili, spicy tofu burritos, Tex-Mex tofu lasagna, pita stuffed tofu salad, tofu custard filled cake, pineapple tofu pie, and tofu custard with sesame flavor.

[size=large][b]High-Protein Foods[/b][/size][hr]Avoiding meats and seafood puts you in a dilemma. You avoid these foods to avoid gout attacks, but your body cannot function properly without protein - meats and seafood are common sources of protein! What do you do? The more you read about Gout Attacks, the more you get to understand the meaning of it. So if you read this article and other related articles, you are sure to get the required amount of matter for yourself.

[size=large][b]Uric Acid Level[/b][/size][hr]You say, "Okay, my kidneys aren't working properly. So what can I do to cure my gout?" The answer is you can do a lot. First of all, certain foods and beverages heighten the body's uric acid level, and certain foods and beverages don't. So if you avoid the foods and beverages that heighten your uric acid level, and partake in the foods and beverages that don't, you will never get a gout attack - thus curing your gout condition! When doing an assignment on Allopurinol, it is always better to look up and use matter like the one given here. Your assignment turns out to be more interesting and colorful this way.

[size=large][b]High-Dose Vitamin C[/b][/size][hr]Not only may red wine reduce uric acid levels, vitamin C may also do likewise. High-dose vitamin C reduces uric acid levels in most gout sufferers. However, for some gout sufferers, high-dose vitamin C worsens their condition. Learning about things is what we are living here for now. So try to get to know as much about everything, including Uric Acid Level whenever possible.

[size=large][b]Since Red Wine Doesn't Elevate the Body's Uric Acid Level, It Doesn't Cause Gout Attacks[/b][/size][hr]In fact, red wine may even lower uric acid levels! And certainly red wine is just as effective as beer in helping you to unwind. People always think that they know everything about everything; however, it should be known that no one is perfect in everything. There is never a limit to learning; even learning about Gout Attacks. Wink

[size=medium][b]Healthy Living[/b][/size]
[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/i...img-x.jpeg]

[size=large][b]Gout-Prone People can Have a Side Effect from Aspirin[/b][/size][hr]Though normal people can take aspirin without having a side effect, gout-prone people can have the side effect of a gout attack. So if you are gout-prone and have a headache, it is best that you take Motrin (ibuprofen) instead of Bayer (aspirin). The best way of gaining knowledge about Uric Acid Levels is by reading as much about it as possible. This can be best done through the Internet. :o.

[list][*]Some foods suggested here can dangerously interact with some prescription drugs or medical conditions.[*]For example, eating cheese while taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) can kill you.[*]Also, drinking red wine while having liver cirrhosis can worsen your condition.[*]So to be on the safe side, you should get the approval of your physician and pharmacist before following the suggested dietary changes.[*]Never be reluctant to admit that you don't know.[*]There is no one who knows everything.[*]So if you don't know much about Lower Uric Acid, all that has to be done is to read up on it![/list]

Attempting brevity, I only brainstormed gout-safe high-protein foods containing cheese, buckwheat, peanuts, and tofu. If I were to include gout-safe high-protein foods containing milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, amaranth grain, quinoa, almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, soy milk, beans, soy beans, and split peas, I would end up writing a novel. Though I only focused on foods containing cheese, buckwheat, peanuts, and tofu, you can see that there is plenty of variety. An idle brain, is a devil's workshop they say. Using this ideology in mind, we ventured to write on Gout Sufferers, so that something productive would be achieved of our minds.
Lightbulb 
[size=4][b]Gout - Gout - Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies[/b][/size][hr]
Quote:The word gout may make you think of kings and medieval history. But gout isn't a disease of the past. It's very much with us today. That's because gout is an inflammatory joint disease and a form of arthritis, not some mysterious illness of the rich and powerful.

Regularly drinking alcohol interferes with the removal of uric acid from the body and can increase the risk for developing gout Extract the juice of half lemon and pour it in 1 glass of water. Drink it three times in a day. We have included the history of Uric Acid here so that you will learn more about its history. It is only through it's history can you learn more about Uric Acid.

[size=large][b]Apple Cider Vinegar is a Wonderful Old-Timers Home Remedy, Cures More[/b][/size][hr]Ailments than any other folk remedy. Try 2 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 tablespoons of organic honey (2 times daily). Don't be surprised if you find anything unusual here about Gout. There has been some interesting and unusual things here worth reading.

Causes Gout is caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, approximately 18% of people who develop gout have a family history of the condition. Diseases and conditions that increase the risk include diabetes, obesity, kidney disease, and sickle cell anemia.

There are many natural remedies for Gout, but the most effective may be prevention. Prevention of Gout is only a few lifestyle changes and can significantly reduce the amount of time and irritation that result from the infliction of Gout. Having a penchant for Gout led us to write all that there has been written on Gout here. Hope you too develop a penchant for Gout!

[list][*]The juice of French or string beans has also proved effective in the treatment of gout.[*]About 150 ml. of this juice should be taken by the patient suffering from this disease.[*]Raw potato juice and fresh pineapple juices are also beneficial.[/list]

[Image: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/979/i...ut675.jpeg]

[list][*]Symptoms -[*]Sustained high levels of uric acid in the blood is a common gout symptom (see causes of gout). -[*]Presence of uric acid crystals in joint fluid (see diagnosis of gout).[*]There has been an uncalculatable amount of information added in this composition on Gout.[*]Don't try counting it![/list]

Deposits of uric acid crystals around joints and other areas such as the ears. - Only one or two joints are affected (initially). - Common affected areas include the feet, ankles and the ball of the big toe. The first impression is the best impression. We have written this article on Uric Acid Crystals in such a way that the first impression you get will definitely make you want to read more about it!

[size=large][b]What Exactly is Arthritis?[/b][/size][hr]The term arthritis literally means joint inflammation, but it also is used to refer to more than 100 rheumatic diseases. These diseases can cause pain, stiffness, and swelling in joints and may also affect other parts of the body. Some common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, gout, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and psoriatic arthritis.

[list][*]Does arthritis affect more women than men?[*]Rhemathoid arthritis is two to three times more common in women than men.[*]Men, however, are at greater risk than women of developing gout. [/list]

[size=large][b]What Kind of Cause can Trigger Arthritis?[/b][/size][hr]While genes appear to be a contributing factor to arthritis, there are other causes. Researchers believe that environmental agents -- a virus, or even stress, can trigger the disease in people who are genetically predisposed to it.

[size=large][b]How Many Amercians Suffer from Chronic Symptoms of Arthritis?[/b][/size][hr]40 million! Are there several forms of arthritis? Yes, there are more than one hundred forms of arthritis and the causes of many are unclear. The two most common forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis (commonly referred to as simply arthritis) and rheumatoid arthritis. Gout is a less common form of the disease. We were furnished with so many points to include while writing about Gout that we were actually lost as to which to use and which to discard!

[size=large][b]When Does Arthritis Appear?[/b][/size][hr]Rheumatoid arthritis -- one of the many forms of arthritis -- typically begins at 20 to 50 years of age, although it can develop in childhood. We have written a humorous anecdote on Gout to make it's reading more enjoyable and interesting to you. This way you learn there is a funny side to Gout too!

[size=large][b]Gout is a Common, Painful Form of Arthritis[/b][/size][hr]Gout is a condition in which the body has a problem in the handling of uric acid. Uric acid is a waste product that naturally occurs in the body. It is normally flushed from the body by the kidneys through urine. It causes swollen, red, hot and stiff joints. Gout occurs when uric acid builds up in your blood. Men are more likely to get gout than women are, but women become increasingly susceptible to gout after menopause. Gout usually attacks the big toe however, it also can affect other joints such as the ankle, heel, instep, knee, wrist, elbow, fingers, and spine. Smile

These drugs help reduce the pain and swelling of joints and decrease stiffness. If you think that diet acts as a trigger for your gout attacks, changing your diet may help, but it is important to talk to your healthcare provider about choosing the right diet for you. Gout diet prevention consists of a prevention diet low purine or modified purine diet may help gout improve. Gout diet prevention puts and emphasis on dairy products, vegetable protein and water intake and a decrease in high purine foods. A low-purine gout diet is often prescribed for individuals with gout. Purine is a compound that is mainly found in animal protein which is metabolized to uric acid in the body. This can be considered to be a valuable article on Gout Attacks. It is because there is so much to learn about Gout Attacks here.

Some cases, the condition may appear in the joints of small toes that have become immobile due to impact injury earlier in life, causing poor blood circulation that leads to gout. It occurs more frequently in countries that have a high standard of living. Approximately one million people in the United States suffer from attacks of gout. Gout affects up to 500,000 Canadians. Men who develop gout usually do so between the ages of 30 and 50. Women are more likely to develop gout after the age of 60. The most common type of medicine used to treat an acute attack of gout is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

An earlier article I quoted examples of studies that have shown Vitamin C can reduce uric acid (UA) levels, the objective of all gout treatments whether by pharmaceuticals or natural remedies. The usual uric acid level target is 6mg/dL in men, slightly less in women. This is the level below which the trouble-causing MSU crystals, formed mainly from uric acid, may dissolve and thus alleviate or cure gout. However, there are no ironclad guarantees this will happen at that uric acid level.

[list][*]The convention wisdom is that vitamins are best obtained from natural sources,that is from fresh foods.[*]So how easy is it to eat or drink at least 500 mg of Vitamin C daily?[*]There are many varieties of Gout Diet found today.[*]However, we have stuck to the description of only one variety to prevent confusion! [/list]

[b] red peppers 190mg; orange juice 124 mg; green peppers 120 mg; strawberries 106 mg; orange 96 mg; grapefruit juice 94 mg; kale 80 mg; broccoli 79mg; pineapple 74 mg; kiwi fruit 71 mg; lemon juice 61 mg; cantaloupe melon 59 mg; mango 57 mg; cauliflower 46 mg; red cabbage 40 mg; roasted chestnuts (European ) 37 mg; peas (frozen) 35 mg; raspberries 32 mg; lemon 31 mg; honeydew melon 31 mg; blackberries 30 mg; cabbage 26 mg; watermelon (one wedge ) 23 mg; tomatoes 23 mg. [/b] Since the potato is so popular, note one baked potato 202 grams size: 19 mg. Writing on Lowering Uric Acid proved to be a gamble to us. This is because there simply seemed to be nothing to write about in the beginning of writing. It was only in the process of writing did we get more and more to write on Lowering Uric Acid.

[size=large][b]This is Not the Usually Explained Purine Theory[/b][/size][hr]However it should be noted that not all gout sufferers have excessive uric acid in their bodies but most do. If you have gout and excess uric acid, the important thing is to try to reduce it. There is a vast ocean of knowledge connected with Uric Acid. What is included here can be considered a fraction of this knowledge!

[list][*]And here are a couple of surprises.[*]Two spices or condiments that are high in vitamin C and not often mentioned: paprika 100 grams (71mg); prepared horseradish 100 grams (25mg).[/list]

[size=large][b]It's Not Likely Vitamin C on Its Own Will Cure Gout[/b][/size][hr]But it is helpful especially if combined with a low purine gout diet and other natural remedies for gout. So after reading what we have mentioned here on Gout Treatments, it is up to you to provide your verdict as to what exactly it is that you find fascinating here.

[size=large][b]But Do Not Follow a Strawberries Only Diet[/b][/size][hr]This is a crash diet which is not a good idea since crash diets can trigger gout, and may worsen it. But if you suffer from gout strawberries are an excellent addition to your gout diet plan, because of their anthocyanidins, (the dominant one is pelargonidin), and their Vitamin C. Was it this combination that cured Linnaeus' gout? Perhaps it was.

[size=large][b]The Late Dr[/b][/size][hr]Robert Atkins (the Atkins Diet) also believed Vitamin C is helpful in gout treatment. It was one of the vitamins in his anti gout formula, as explained in "Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient Solution" (Simon & Schuster Inc., . He included it because of a cause of gout theory that runs on these lines... Purine are versatile as they are found in all parts and walks of life. It all depends on the way you take it.

[size=large][b]Strawberries Should be Considered Very Carefully by Gout Sufferers[/b][/size][hr]The Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus (1707- stated that a diet of only strawberries had cured his gout. His linkage of vitamin C and gout gains extra weight from the fact that Linnaeus was a botanist. He probably knew a lot about strawberries. Looking for something logical on Gout Sufferers, we stumbled on the information provided here. Look out for anything illogical here.

[b] To standardize and simplify this list [/b] Serving size is 1 cup unless stated; raw foods only (except peas); foods with added Vitamin C excluded; doesn't account for different varieties, country or region of origin; climate when produced and other variables; figures rounded to whole numbers. It is, if you like, the big picture. Vitamin C amounts are in mg. Foods Gout play a prominent part in this composition. It is with this prominence that we hope people get to know more about Foods Gout.

The most recent of these studies suggested that 500 mg of Vitamin C daily could bring about a uric acid level reduction of about 10%. This is unlikely to be enough to bring UA levels down to the required target, but helpful. This amount of Vitamin C is easily purchased as a dietary supplement. Without question Vitamin C is the world's best known and most widely available vitamin. It's also one of the cheapest. It is only if you find some usage for the matter described here on Excess Uric Acid that we will feel the efforts put in writing on Excess Uric Acid fruitful. So make good usage of it!

It's hard to summarise a daily diet for all the tastes of people who read this article. But the easiest (no cooking time) and probably the most popular way to reach 500 mg daily - drink plenty of orange juice. Or, putting it simply, and you've heard this before, eat these fruits and vegetables. Developing a vision on Excess Uric Acid, we saw the need of providing some enlightenment in Excess Uric Acid for others to learn more about Excess Uric Acid. Wink

Just add up from the following list to get 500 mg daily. Source figures are taken from the USDA's (United States Department of Agriculture) National Nutrient database release SR It is accessible online - search "National Nutrient database." Wink

[b] A few words about strawberries [/b] Berries are excellent foods for a gout diet, principally because of their flavonoid anthocyanidins. (It is the anthocyanidins in cherries which are believed to have positive effects on lowering uric acid levels). These act as antioxidants thus boosting general health which is so important for gout sufferers. But among the anthocyanidin berries, strawberries stand out as the highest in Vitamin C. Developing a gradual interest in Anti Gout was the basis for writing this article. On reading this, you will gradually get interested in Anti Gout.

Uric acid is a major body antioxidant and antioxidants quell free radicals. Excessive uric acid is produced because of free radical production. i.e the body deals with free radicals by creating excess uric acid. Therefore provide the body with more antioxidants so that it doesn't need to create excess uric acid.